Freek D’Hooge started working in IT and with Oracle in 2000 and gradually moved from a more general IT role to becoming a full time Oracle DBA when he joined Uptime (later renamed to Exitas) in 2004. Throughout the years his main focus became the design and implementation of new environments and performance troubleshooting. In more recent time, he started exploring the impact of devops and cloud on the world of database administrators.
So Freek, a few more questions:
- Who are you?
Suppose you would not have chosen to become a tech-person. What would most likely be your job? Something in Biology (but probably unemployed)
What is your favourite Oracle book? Expert One on One from Thomas Kyte – It was from this book that I learned the Oracle DB architecture and how the different processes interacted with each other. And which has set me to the path of becoming an Oracle DBA.
- Company working for ? Exitas NV
- Job Title ? Senior Oracle DBA
- Social media (twitter / linkedin / blog /…) aka where can we find you ? @dhoogfr for tweets and linkedIn
- Main focus on ? High Availability, Performance Troubleshooting and Oracle Cloud
- How long are you using Oracle products ? 18 years
- Any Oracle credentials? (ace(d) / ocm / oak table / book author / … ) ? not yet
Mandatory extra questions:
- Your is your Favourite Beer ? Hoegaarden Grand Cru
- Blond / Amber / Dark ? Blond